Hello friends! It has been a long time, but I promise I have been cooking delicious foods and enjoying them! I plan to get back into it and sharing more recipes. It’s crazy how life can change in an instant but change for the better. Between the store closing and accepting a new position with EAA, I have finally got the work life balance that I have been craving for years! ANYWAYS!

Now I am not usually one for egg bakes but this one gets a shout out to Josh’s mom for sharing this recipe. This is the typical breakfast when we are at the cabin with the family. It makes enough for everyone for the entire weekend! I have also made it into egg bites using a silicone muffin pan too. I will share the original recipe but add in the tweaks that I make to it.

 

Sausage Egg Casserole:

Ingredients:

·         1 pound bulk breakfast sausage – We prefer it with the Hot Jimmy Deans breakfast sausage

·         ½ cup butter – melted

·         1 – 16 oz container of cottage cheese – I personally prefer the 4% milk fat cottage cheese

·         2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese – We do half Pepper Jack and half Sharp Cheddar

·         ¼ cup all-purpose flour

·         1 tsp baking powder

·         ¼ tsp salt

·         ¼ tsp ground black pepper

·         10 eggs – lightly beaten

For the seasonings, I do use the salt and pepper, but I also add garlic powder, onion powder and Slap Ya Mama Seasoning (if you have it)


Directions:

  •  Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Cook breakfast sausage in a medium skillet over medium0high heat, breaking it into crumbles. Cook until no longer pick and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to help sock up the grease.
  •  In a large bowl, stir together butter, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, flour, baking powder, pepper and salt, or whatever spices you choose
  • Once that is well combined, mix in your lightly beaten eggs, the mixture will be lumpy.
  •  Stir in the cooked sausage.


  • Pour the mixture into prepared pan
 


  • Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until browned and set in the middle.
  • Cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.




This does freeze well in individual containers, and reheated tastes just as good as when it was made! 

As always, if you try it, let me know your thoughts!

Comments