Welcome Back!

I cannot believe that it’s already 2023! This last year was such a crazy ride! I started a new job, accepted a promotion within that job, graduated with my Associates Degree in Accounting and have been able to spend more time with my family than I have in a VERY long time!



I’m not one to make a new year resolution or set specific goals.  This year though, as I take a break from school to really learn my new role at work and absorb all this time with my family, I’m hoping to cook more delicious meals, read more books, and just enjoy life! 

I’m hoping to share at least one new recipe a week this year.  It may or may not be a dud, but I promise to be 100% honest, as I always have been about the meals I post! This meal I’m about to share was a 10/10. I follow a recipe, but I also tweak it to our liking. So, as always if you make it, let me know your thoughts!

 

Italian Bow Tie Pasta

Servings: 4-6       Prep Time: 15 Minutes        Cook Time: 30 Minutes           Total Time: 45 mins

 

Ingredients:

·         1 pkg – Bow Tie Pasta

·         2 tablespoons olive oil

·         1 pound Italian sausage – casing removed

·         ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)

·         ½ diced onion

·         4 cloves garlic, minced

·         1 can (28 oz.) Italian-Style plum tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped

·         1 & ½ cups heavy cream

·         1 cup packed spinach leaves roughly chopped

·         Fresh Parsley, minced (optional)



 

Directions:

1.       Bring a large pot of water to boil.  Cook the pasta according to the package, then drain.


2.       While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet add the olive oil, and cook and crumble the sausage.  Add in the red pepper flakes and continue to cook until browned over medium-high heat. 



3.       Once browned, drain the meat, and add in the onion and garlic, cook until tender.



4.       Once tender, add in the tomatoes and heavy cream. Simmer until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.



5.       Add in the spinach and cook for an additional 3 minutes.




6.       Drain and add the pasta to the sauce.  Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.


** We topped ours with parmesan cheese, which I highly recommend!

***I had leftovers the next day and they were BETTER than the day before!


As always, please let me know if you make this and try it! I appreciate the feedback!  Enjoy!

Comments