Long Time No See!

 LONG TIME NO SEE MY FRIENDS!

It has been WAY to long friends! So many things have happened since my last post! Life went back to normal, my store opened back up, the girls went back to school with, in person learning, then all the holidays! Not to mention, still going to school full time myself! This world is such a crazy place right now that it seems as if we are all rushing around trying to make up for lost time while we were shut down for so long!  But don't let that fool you!  I've been making new recipes and enjoying all the time I can with my kids, as well as taking as many classes as I can to make sure that I stick to my timeline.  If you know me, I thrive on deadlines and I have a plan to graduate by May of 2022! That shaves off almost a year of my degree and that is AMAZING to me! It's a lot of work and leaves little time to do things like this but I’ve learned that i need to take a step back sometimes and do something that i enjoy! That for sure is cooking and baking! 

    So, let’s get this going! I’m going to warn you though, I only have pictures of the final product this time around! I was too caught up in getting dinner ready because we were starving to take pictures!

 It's been quite hot here lately, and every time I get on Pinterest it keeps giving me recipes for soup.  Now I am not one to eat soup when it's this hot, so I try to just curb that craving and tell myself to wait! But! today there was a recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup! I LOVE STUFFED PEPPERS! Let's be real though! They are a PAIN in the rear to make, and by the time I’m done making them and cleaning up the mess, I’m over it and don’t even feel like eating them! So, we've modified it a bit and make this recipe I’m about to share, which is Stuffed Pepper Skillet.  It's a 1 pot recipe and I promise it does not disappoint! 

 

So, let's get to it!  Here's what you need:

 

  • 1 lb.- ground beef, you can use ground turkey if you'd like!
  • 1 small onion- diced
  • 3 cloves garlic- minced
  • 2- small green bell peppers- diced*
  • 2- small red peppers- diced*
  • 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes- I used the diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano instead of using the Italian seasoning. 
  • 3/4 cup- white rice- I used Jasmine rice**
  • 2 1/2 cup- beef broth
  • 2 tbsp- tomato paste
  • 1 tsp- Italian seasoning- if you use the diced tomatoes that I listed above, you can skip this.
  • 1 1/2 cup- shredded mozzarella cheese, or cheese of your choice
  • 1 tsp- parsley

* if you have medium sized or larger peppers you'll only need about a pepper and a half.

** If you choose to use minute rice, make sure you add the same amount of liquid as you do rice, for example, if you use 1 cup of rice make sure you add an extra 1 cup of broth or water!

Directions:

 1. In a large skillet, add ground beef, onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper.

2. Brown until fully cooked and drain off the fat.

3. Add the meat back to the pan, along with peppers, diced tomatoes, rice, beef broth and tomato paste. Combine well.

4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium and cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the majority of the liquid is absorbed.  Make sure to stir occasionally as the rice may stick to the bottom of the pan.

5. Once the rice is cooked cover with shredded cheese and let melt together, then serve!


As always! If you make this recipe and enjoy it! Tell me about it! If you changed it in anyway share it! I love the feedback! 

Comments