Burger Bowls- Keto and Low Carb Friendly

HAPPY 2021!

 In hope of making this year much better than last year, I have made it a goal of mine to share more recipes with all of you!  For me, cooking has always been a form of stress release for me, it also brings me joy.

 A little back story to what fuels my drive for cooking healthier food lately.  I once weighed more than I had ever thought I could weigh.  A lot of it had to do with an unhealthy relationship, unhealthy living situation, unhealthy eating habits, post-partum depression, and just being unhappy in general.  When I moved out of my unhealthy living situation, I was able to start cooking again, and cooking how I learned to and hardly ate out at fast food restaurants.  I began to see a change in my health, and how I felt about myself, which was awesome!  Add in exercise and I have never felt better! 

My goal in 2021 is to inspire healthy, flavorful cooking.  I have decided to continue my low carb lifestyle because giving up carbs completely is not something, I am interested in doing.  I am going to share some favorite recipes as well as new ones! I have got quite the arsenal already and cannot wait to add more! 

So as always!  If you try this recipe, let me know your thoughts! Do not be shy either! I Love the feedback!

 

Burger Bowls:

 Ingredients:

  • 3 lbs.- ground beef- can substitute with ground turkey
  • 1 lb. bacon- cooked and chopped
  • 2 1/2 cup- shredded cheese- we like Colby jack or pepper jack
  • 1 pkg- onion soup mix
  • Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper- to taste

  • Toppings- We use hamburger pickles, onions, ranch, ketchup, and burger sauce
Directions:
  • Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
  • cut the bacon into pieces and fry in a pan, you can also cook the bacon and crumble after, but if you cut it before hand it makes the cook time faster.
  • In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, onion soup mix, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together until well combined.

  • Spray your cupcake pan with cooking spray.  I do this and line them with silicone cupcake liners, if you do not have them do not sweat it.

  • Fill your tins with meat, make sure there is enough room to create a hole in the middle of the meat.  I want to say about 1/2 in. meatballs.
  • Create a pocket within the meat

  • Add the crumbled bacon to the pocket in the meat, and top with shredded cheese.





  • Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
    *** This does create quite a mess with your cupcake pans and you will have to scrub them or let them soak overnight! 

ENJOY!




Comments