Salisbury Steak Meatballs and Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies!


Guys! It’s been WAY too long since I've shared recipes!  Since going back to work in June, it has been INSANE!  Between going back to work full time, taking summer classes for my Accounting degree, and learning the new "norm" with the kids going back to school, it’s been a handful and a half! But we are adjusting and moving forward!  Few hiccups here and there, including the girls having to switch their schooling to complete virtual learning, my full class load of 3 of the toughest classes that I've taken to date, and just recently having to quarantine because I've tested positive for COVID!!! Do not even get me started on how frustrating that is!  However, I'm very thankful that for me it was a just like a cold, but the worst part was losing my taste and smell!  When I realized that I needed to get tested, it was after I came home and was making 2 pounds of bacon and could not smell it, couldn't taste it and so I tried eating pickles! LET ME JUST TELL YOU!!! Not being able to taste or smell 2 pounds of bacon and pickles is seriously awful when you love them both!  We were making the burger bowls that I previously shared with you on this blog and it was so sad that I couldn’t taste any of it
😠

 

NEVERTHELESS! I am symptom free, Covid free and CANNOT wait to go back to work and have a normal life! The one thing that I am thankful for that came out of being in quarantine, was that I got to take time to cook! So, I am going to share with you 1 new to us recipe and 1 of our ALL-TIME favorite cookie recipes that I promise does not disappoint!

Salisbury Steak Meatballs

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup breadcrumbs- I used panko
  • 1/4 cup milk or water
  • 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 tbsp dry mustard- or if you don't have dry mustard use 1/4 cup whole grain, stone ground or Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder- season with your heart. 
  • 2 packets of brown gravy mix

Directions:

1.     In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except the gravy mix, together in a bowl until well combined.  DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE YOUR HANDS!



2.     Roll the meat into about 1/2 in ball sized meatballs.



3.     In a pan on medium high heat, add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan, and set your oven to 375.

4.     Place meatballs in the pan to sear them off, put them on the baking sheet in the oven to help finish cooking them.*I had to do mine in batches and total cook time in the oven ended only being 15-20 minutes.

5.     Once, they are all seared off and, in the oven, you will make your gravy according to the package.  If you are super fancy and want to make your own gravy, more power to you, but for convenience I used the packaged stuff, and instead of water I used beef broth. 

6.     After the meatballs are done in the oven and your gravy is thick, add the meat balls and let simmer together for about 10-15 minutes. Make sure you are stirring occasionally so the gravy doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. 





7.     Serve over mashed potatoes, or egg noodles!  We did instant pot mashed potatoes, which is also on a previous post I made!




Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 1 cup- chocolate chips *in this recipe we used M&M's*





Directions:

1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.     Mix butter and sugars until smooth.



3.     Add in vanilla and baking soda, mix until combined

4.     Add in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time.... Yes, it is supposed to look like that when it’s all added!



5.     Add in 2 tbsp of oil, combine until well mixed.

6.     Add 1 tbsp of water, if you need to add more water, add 1 tbsp of water at a time until it becomes the consistency of cookie dough, we used 3 tbsp total of water.



7.     Stir in your chocolate chips or M&M's



8.     Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.




As always! If you try any of these recipes, please share! Tell me what you thought! 
Until next time! ENJOY!



Comments

  1. This is really cool blog. My daughter and I love Salisbury steak, with mashed potatoes. This is also a good recipe. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment