The cookies that killed my hand mixer:
It was a sad, sad day when I made these cookies! As I was mixing them, my mixer took a CRAP! All of a sudden the beaters stopped moving and the whole thing started to smoke! Thankfully this happened after I added the flour, and only had to use my hands to mix in the chocolate chips and pretzels but, nevertheless, the cookies are a HIT, and will forever be known as the cookies that killed my mixer 😆
Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Ingredients:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups crushed pretzle sticks
- 1 1/3 cup butter
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream the sugars and butter together until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl, once all of the eggs are incorporated, add the vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl, sift your flour, salt and baking soda. Once it is sifted together, add the mixture 1/2cup at a time to the batter.
- In a ziploc bag, add the pretzle sticks, and crush the pretzles to your desired size.
- Add the crushed pretzles and chocolate chips to the dough and combine.
- Drop spoonfulls of the mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet. I line my sheets with parchment paper, easy clean up and it doesnt affect the cooking time!
- Bake for 7 minutes. They may not look done, but onces you take them out and place them on a cooling rack they continue to cook.
- Store in an air tight container once cooled... Secret: add a piece of bread to your container to keep the cookies moist!
Heres the link for the original recipe, the only thing I did differently was I used 3 cups of flour not the full 3 1/2.

Sorry to hear about your mixer cant wait for these cookies to show up on my doorstep...hint hint.
ReplyDelete